I feel a little bit guilty because I’m cheating… But yeah let’s use shop bought chicken kievs!
It can be served in different ways, chips, rice and roasted pumping works fabulously. Another popular way to serve it is with boiled vegetables mixed in wit the sauce.
- 2 shop bought kitchen kievs
- ½ onion
- ½ large carrot
- 2 garlic cloves
- A thumb size piece og ginger
- 1 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 Tbsp medium curry powder
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 1 Tbps soy sauce
- 1 Tbps runny honey
- Chips or Roasted Pumpkin to serve
- A bowl of Japanese rice
Heat some vegetable oil in a pan, add the carrot and the onions and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic and cook for a few minutes before adding the flour and the curry powder.
- Cook for 2 minutes stirring continuously then add the vegetable stock gradually.
- Simmer for 15 minutes until thickened, then add the soy sauce and the honey.
- Put through a liquidizer until smooth, then pass through a sieve.
- Cook the kiev according to the instructions on the packet