Nothing compares to a homemade curry paste: I promise it’s worth the hassle!
This recipe is for 5 or 6 curries. The amounts are based around a bunch of coriander with roots, to minimize waste, it can be frozen and it lasts for about 5 months in the freezer.
For now it based on volume of the ingredients finally chopped, but soon it will be updated with exact quantities.
- 6 Tablespoons of Birds Eye Chillies de-seeded (about 120gr whole)
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped Galagan
- 4 Tablespoons of chopped Lemongrass
- 1 Tablespoons of chopped Kaffir Lime Zest (about half a lime)
- 2 Teaspoon f chopped Tumeric
- 6 tablespoon of chopped Asian Shallots (about 240 grams unpeeled)
- 4 Tablespoons of Garlic
- 2 Teaspoon of Shrimp Paste
- ¼ Teaspoon of Ground White Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Coriander Seeds
- ½ Teaspoon of Cumin Seeds
- Chop all the ingredients
- Put them in a blender (blender works much better than food processors, but still it’n not an easy job)
- Blend them !
- Note to self: “Never ever use the same blender to make JLube”