This will last 3 day (after the curing) in the fridge.
The curing quantities are intended for 1 kg of salmon. Do a just the dose for smaller pieces or you’ll end up with an impossibly salty fish
Beetroot Cured Salmon
- 1 kg Salmon fillets
- 250 g Beetroot If you buy already cooked make sure there is no vinegar
- 75 g Coarse sea salt
- 75 g Sugar
- 2 tsp Carraway seeds
- 2 tsp Peppercorn
- Cook the beetroot in boling water until soft, then allow to cool and peel
- Put the beetroot, sea salt, sugar, pepper and caraway seeds into a blender and blitz
- Cut the salmon fillet in two, and smear the the flesh with the beetroot puree
- Make a sandwich with the salmon (skin on the outside) and wrap tighlty in clingfilm.
- Put in a shallo dish with some weights on top and refigerate for 2 days, turning the salmon every 12 hours