I feel a little bit guilty because I’m cheating… But yeah let’s use shop bought chicken kievs!
It can be served in different ways, chips, rice and roasted pumping works fabulously. Another popular way to serve it is with boiled vegetables mixed in wit the sauce.
Chicken Katzu Curry
- 2 Kitchen Kievs
- 300 ml Vegetable Stock
- ½ Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Thumb Ginger
- 1 Large clove of garlic
- 1½ tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 tbsp Medium Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tbsp Honey
- Roasted Pumpkin or Chips To serve
- Japanese Rice To serve
- Heat some vegetable oil in a pan, add the carrot and the onions and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic and cook for a few minutes before adding the flour and the curry powder.
- Cook for 2 minutes stirring continuously then add the vegetable stock gradually.
- Simmer for 15 minutes until thickened, then add the soy sauce and the honey.
- Put through a liquidizer until smooth, then pass through a sieve.
- Cook the Kiev according to the instructions on the packet.