This chilli paste will last a good six months, it gives an incredible depth of flavour. It can be used on pretty much anything and is an excellent marinade.
Keep in mind that it will become stronger as weeks go by.
You can flavour the olive oil with some lemongrass, garlic and ginger if you want. If you go for it just bash the aromatics cover them with the oil and refrigerate with the chillies for 3 days.
- 250 g Mixed Chillies
- 1 Tbsp Dried Chillies
- 3 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Slice the chillies finely and salt them
- Place them in a sealed container in the fridge for 3 days
- Then blitz them in a food processor with the cider vinegar, the lemon juice a 1 Tbsp of the olive oil
- Mix with the dried chillies and put in a jar
- Seal with the rest of the olive oil and keep refrigerated.