Nothing compares to a homemade curry paste: I promise it’s worth the hassle!
This recipe is for 5 or 6 curries. The amounts are based around a bunch of coriander with roots, to minimize waste, it can be frozen and it lasts for about 5 months in the freezer.
For now it based on volume of the ingredients finally chopped, but soon it will be updated with exact quantities.
Thai Green Curry Paste
- 6 tbsp Birds Eye Chillies de-seeded (about 120gr whole)
- 2 tbsp Galagan
- 4 tbsp Lemongrass
- 1 tbsp Kaffir Lime Zest (about half a lime)
- 6 tbsp Asian Shallots (about 240 grams unpeeled)
- 4 tbsp Garlic
- 2 tsp Shrimp Paste
- 2 tsp Tumeric
- ¼ tsp Ground White Pepper
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander Seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- Chop all the ingredients
- Put them in a blender (blender works much better than food processors, but still it’n not an easy job)
Note to self: “Never ever use the same blender to make JLube”